I hope that you find this space useful. Please do join the debate and discussion – my aspiration is that we crowd source great ideas that we can share and put into practice in our own lives and workplaces. I am intending to host at least one guest blog a month so if you would like to share please do get in touch. I will also endeavour to flag the most recent blog post in the category list to the side.
I am planning on keeping a similar structure for all posts based on the following:
- building understanding (sometimes from a position of lived experience)
- looking at some of the barriers
- exploring as a collective the long term changes that could help improve things
- Howzat?!Well the world of sport keeps on giving in terms of inclusion story lines. This week I had the option of the England Men’s national football team, ongoing booing of players taking the knee, Gareth Southgate’s open letter to the Nation and James O’Brien’s enthralling yet bizarre conversation with an England fan who fessed up … Continue reading Howzat?!
- Mismatch pointImagine this. You have a high performer in your organisation. They are super impressive at their day job consistently delivering amazing results. There is a lesser part of their role that they say gives them anxiety and negatively impacts on their mental health. They decide they don’t want to do that for a two week … Continue reading Mismatch point
- Loaded language: PrivilegeThis week will be my first dedicated foray into exploring a term or phrase that I think is misunderstood or wilfully misconstrued. This week let’s talk about privilege and I’ll start with a definition. privilege : a special right or advantage that a particular person or group of people has I think there are two key … Continue reading Loaded language: Privilege
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.